Sunday, April 15, 2012

4 years here

In June George & I will have been living here for 4 years. A few days ago I crossed the Granville Street Bridge. It was a great a trip & I walked back too. Two days later we did it together, with my camera.  I knew George would like a view of our False Creek geography & the sense of flying the walk gives.

We walked up the Seymore Street exit ramp off the bridge. The Mark, a new high-rise, is going in there. I've been really fascinated by this building, & have a totally new respect for the skills of the workers and the complexity of the whole endeavor. Though I am sorry that the site had been a community garden surrounded with rosebushes-- all gone, of course. 
I love the man with the staircase cut & then close-by graffiti.
Old Bud has my vote, though I wish he [or his buddy] had put something I could actually read!!  I love the ghostly interior of the letters.  

Then came the view of the bridge from the off ramp. What a jungle of bridge structure!!

The cement factory, across from us was pretty fun to see from above. There are three barges that I couldn't figure out. Only two here. Pretty chaotic.


These are perhaps cement truck drivers. The trucks were being filled and leaving the yard.

At 7th & Hemlock we went to a coffee shop for lattes for our walk back.

I picked some cottonwood branches from a tree on the Hemlock Street ramp on our trip back. I am smelling them now as I write.  Wonderful aroma! Walking back I saw the Granville Island Brewery getting ready for a pick-up. Multiples!!


There was a sublime moment crossing the bridge going back....

These shots really show most of King's Landing, the (pretentious) name of our complex. (When did a King land here? Bah humbug!) The building on the left is a different condo.



And finally some very ordinary things: crack patterns very much like a ceramic glaze. And some numbers for that collection. So urban!

                                                            That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment