Saturday, August 18, 2012

Missing Ellie on Maui

Two weeks on Maui without Ellie. August 3 to 17. Her absence was why I was there this time. I found the journal of her reading for 10 years on the bookshelves in her apartment.

Honoring her role in playing matchmaker for George & me. Hearing her say, "Don't write him a letter, email him for heavens sake!"

This last winter I read the story of Alva Myrdal by her daughter. I got a much larger picture of Ellie from that book.
 I really missed having her there this time, to talk about our latest books, the adventures of our children. 


 

The one on the right is my very favorite photos of her. I asked permission one morning on the beach to photograph her. I had my best camera & she gave me her best beautiful memorable smile when we were resting after the walk.

We talked about wrinkles & how we like them on others, but not on ourselves!
We laughed about that. I love those wrinkles and soon I will ask my children to photograph mine. They are just beginning to look interesting.

                                                            That's it for now

No comments:

Post a Comment