Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Neighborhood

I've taken to carrying my small camera when I can. The iPhone's ok, but not nearly so flexible, so if I'm not feeling already-too-encumbered I put it in my purse.

Last weekend through a curious chain of coincidences I got to meet a world famous photographer, Fred Herzog.


Fred is a big story-teller, & George a very willing listener.

His opening is next weekend at the Equinox Gallery, so he is signing the to-be-framed photos.

I was quite taken with his photos. I have an affinity for doing that kind of photography myself.
So here is a small crop of my photos in response to seeing his work.
Some were taken recently & some taken ages ago.
Most are from my neighborhood.
   Isn't it a 5 or IS it?

                                            The space inside is being renovated.

A surprising sitting room: strangely inmate & intentional.


A foggy day...last foggy week...

...and below views from the Granville Street Bridge....The men are working on the up-grade of the bridge.



....& back to the bridge...

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment