Monday, July 14, 2014

Being with my sister, Lynne

I hadn't visited my sister's place since 2005. 
I think of it as the house at the top of Pease Hill.
She has an old orchard (or many old fruit trees); a hen house with egg layers & another enclosure of young hens, one of whom is trying to be a rooster vocally; a hive of honey bees; & a series of garden beds.



I love the colors & trims, indoor & out. Lynne's daughter, Faith, decorates. This is an exterior doorjam above.


Faith is super photogenic!

Lynne heats her house with wood, so there were six or so walls of drying wood that Faith had built.


We ate luxuriously from Lynne's gardens. I kept on telling her that Alice Waters had competition, for example with dandelion root vinegar, wow!
Lynne here was chopping purple basil for our pasta meal under the 150 year old pear tree.  
In this picture Lynne reminds me of our father, Reed, who used to wear hats like this.
Lynne is a painter & Faith paints & does embroidery.
 

There are many paintings of hives in her paintings, as with this blue one.
         Above a detail of her pallet & below a detail of a painting plus another.



Lynne's paintings are mainly about scene's from her life.
And Faith's work is in a different vein.
The back of the hive.
 

A picnic gathering scene.
Faith made a quilt I got to sleep under. I love the stitching.
It was a lovely visit.
I'll end with a few more scenes.

 



Lynne & I picked 8 pounds of strawberries & made fruit leather with it & some pear sauce.
That's it for now.



2 comments: