Monday, January 18, 2021

A Wasteland Near Me

 I went out today on a mission to check out the land north of Vancouver House where there are two circular on/off traffic ramps, one newly-empty taxi company building, & number of 'empty' spaces.

Earlier in the day George & I had driven one of the ramps & I noticed things looked pretty unpretty! As usual, there are the categories that often catch my eye: marvelous multiples, great textures or shapes, lost or broken items, construction left-overs, signs of people living rough, graffiti, signs & traffic control equipment. As I entered this zone it was all chaotic & random. I finally had to categorize it !

This collection of photos reflects my preoccupation with change, loss, & social inequality. This walk I took brought up thoughts about those things,  but also something important to me about 'beauty' or 'fascination' being where you find it & slowing down to notice.

So without further ado...


 

 

 

a glove, shoe, wood, chair base & so on... each with stories to tell

 
  

construction left-overs all over the place

 

 

 

orange road thingies
  

closed taxi company

more windows reflecting 5 urban cameo
 

3 rectangles

Vancouver House entry feature looking towards Beach Avenue Auto Center neighbor
                                                         That's it for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment