Friday, October 14, 2022

A Few Very Last Quilt Items

 After my last entry there were still some untold/unseen items on my screen saver. 

So here goes.

One of the most "extreme" quilts I ever attempted I called The Spirit of Africa. It was made in a big patch of time where I was doing dyeing & printing. I look at it now, shake my head at my bravery for "pushing it", & think, "it didn't work", but some elements I still like.


In almost an opposite vein is this simple quilt based on a lovely old linen table cloth that had pansies woven into its damask pattern. I added two frames of white shell buttons & a frames of silk screened flowers on the border. Sweet Memories of Simpler Times I called it.


During my first workshop with Nancy Crow in Portland, Erica was rehearsing in an outdoor space for a ballet during her time as a dancer with Oregon Ballet Theater. Some how this piece came together. I called it Dancing on the Avenue.

 

And from 1972, with Joslyn, age one-&-a-half, & with me way before I discovered I was pregnant with twins, is a photo I took of my newly made bedquilt made with thoughts of the op artist Vaserelly. I had seen his work in Province, France a few years before.
Joslyn's wet bottom + my thin belly says it all!

To close, some of the very recent quilts. These are quickies & small ones.
First, Summer Confetti 2 or Three.

More Els (I've played with Els before)


Sunflowers & Echinecia

                                             Handundfussecstase (hand & food ecstasy) & its reverse.
                                           
 

And finally, the quilt that replaced my Covid Quilt in my front hall: Marimekko & Other Echos.


That's it for now. My screen saver is now empty of quilts-in-waiting!! Hooray!












No comments:

Post a Comment