Saturday, June 23, 2018

Faith's sewing/stitching & my sister Lynne's painting

Faith is my niece, my sister Lynne's daughter.
I recently visited the two of them in Anson, Maine & we hung out together for a few days at their house there.

Faith is an artist.  I have posted about her before.
Well, truthfully, she has been helped a lot by my sister Lynne who is a painter.

So let me start with some of Lynne's work.  Lynne is a farmer/gardener.
She grows much of her own food, keeps bees, & has been living close to the land since 1975 or so.  She paints about her life.
There are her paintings & Faith's work all over the house.


This one below I particularly like. She often modifies the shape of her images. I see this one as being very tender.

                                                  This is the bed where Lynne sleeps. 
She has hip problems & awaits hip surgery for relief, so for now she sleeps downstairs. 
                                            Faith painted the chair & lampshade.
 Lynne's bee-hives now have electric fences around them after too-many-bear-raids!!   
Faith often does stitchery imagery.
Right now she is working on a piece that she calls "The Kid Quilt".
She works with round image patches & then sews backgrounds around them.
This is her most challenging work so far.

                                           Swimmer with friendly fish.
                 Two biking rounds & two swimmers with fish & turtles.

                    I enjoy her rich playful imagery of the best of carefree childhood!



That's it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment