Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Looking Back 2019

The first excitement of 2019 was a new baby in our extended family. Jazzy & Jonathan Trivett had a baby boy,Wesley, on December 27th and, of course, a new quilt had to be made.
January's quiet made room for 3 new scrap quilts in blues, yellows & greens.


There was gorgeous January fog ....
& a show at the Museum of Anthropology: Marking the Infinite, women artists from Australia.
I just loved these & this particular artist !!


We went to Toronto for George to be a three-night patient in The Shouldice Hospital. It specializes in old fashioned mesh-free hernia surgery.
This was the view from my window. This is the quilt I worked on while being the Daphne-nurse-in-waiting. It is made from an old whole-cloth batik from Jokjakarta, Indonesia. It is very densely quilted.
We came home to a snow fall & George getting better.


 Computer problems erupted, providing awesome patterns, & requiring a new hard drive.

                                    Neither became quilts!

In March Vancouver House finally topped out & lots of new stuff was going on at lower levels. This building project I have been following since 2013. 


April brought new crow friends: a pair & yearling. I can't tell them apart! They like my food when I leave some for them, but I don't feed them every day.

In April we took a road trip first to Victoria to visit with Marcia & Jim from Moab. Marcia was a college roommate of mine in 1960.

From there we went to the coast for a night. Gorgeous!!
Me, blissed out! 

George looked pretty good too, I thought.



Onto Olympia for some silly games with Joslyn, Rip, Timmo & Lucy.





May: Erica graduated from The Ecole Osteopathique!



I also went to San Francisco to visit my sister Annie & her husband Bob. Her son Philip, his wife Georgie & daughter Sofia were visitors too.

This is our year of having two new tables made.
Ben is the builder, seen here assembling one.



In June I went to NYC to visit friends & museums. It was rich!!
Here are the Putney School friends gathering.
I stayed at Meridee's.


And a few days later a Sarah Lawrence 1959-60 College Roommates gathered, minus Marcia & plus Susie.
Well, that's quite enough. I got half way through the year!!
July 4 opens chapter 2 of 2019.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment