Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Moving On, But Not Moving Out Yet

As I go through layers-of-thinking about simplifying our lives, it is clear we can do with less. I'm impressed by how getting rid of stuff has a wonderful lightening effect. I had never acknowledged my collections as being burdensome. I am quite surprised by this. 

As before, I am offering to friends & family another batch of quilts that I made & two pieces that I collected. Please let me know which piece(s) most speaks to you. To honor the time and care that went into these quilts, I would be delighted if you would make a donation to the Vancouver Art Gallery Program in Education. I am suggesting a minimum donation, but you are allowed to exceed that.  Please let me know what your donation amount would be; then if an item is wanted by more than one person, I will have a way to chose. I'm excited to invest in a next generation of artists together. 

 In the end I will let you know how much we raise.  

 Only a few weren't spoken for, so the prices are still there.

                                        Larger quilts

Earth & Sky  55 x 61 cotton, hand-quilted, quite faded  1980    


Summer Slumber 52 x 63  utility quilt, machine-quilted  2007

Tree of Life, Ghanian hand-appliqué, 68 x 98 bedspread size, year unknown, two layers of cloth-- so a lightweight piece. It is made in a style typical of Asafo flags. 

I love the two figures under the tree! Undoubtedly they are characters in a well-known story.
Here's more about Asafo flags.
https://wepresent.wetransfer.com/story/asafo-flags/

Sea Foam   68 x 74    batiked & hand-quilted, faded. 1976.   
  


Playful Quilts/Shapes at Ease

Fall Cross  43 x 34 cotton, hand-quilted  1995     
Actually it got LOST!! Yikes. I don't know where.

An Important Shape  40 x 30  some hand-dyed cotton, machine-quilted 2013     

Houses on a Snowy Hill  35 x 28   hand-quilted   2013.    

Jumping for Joy  43 x 38  cotton, some appliqué, machine-quilted, 2013     

Summer  27 x 29   cotton, hand-quilted.  2019      

Arctic Earth, Air, Water 39 x 37 cotton, raw appliqué, machine-quilted  2014     

Arctic Rock, Sky, Water  39 x 37  cotton, raw appliqué, machine-quilted, 2014    
These Arctic quilts are based on a piece of shale rock I pulled out of the ground. It was a shape with 2 panhandles -- a double Utah!.

Colored Windows  43 x 40  hand-dyed cotton, machine-quilted     2014  

Grey Moths   31 x 28  cotton, machine-quilted  2020.   


Pair of Pants, Front   31 x 41  cotton, front-of-old-jeans, hand-quilted, 2020     

Pair of Jeans, Back  31 x 41  cotton, back-of-old-jeans. machine- quilted  2020     
Jeans quilts together:

detail of Jeans Quilt, Front

Madras Pair
Ladders, No Snakes   30 x 29   cotton, hand-quilted  2017      

Aqua Snakes & Ladders  38 x 34   cotton, hand-quilted     2014    

Circle Quilts
Up-Country Circles  45 x34  cotton, raw appliqué, hand-quilted   2006 

 Transparent Circles  33 x 33, polyester transparents, raw applique onto a linen tablecloth, hand-quilted.   2007  

Those Quarter-Circles Made Me Do It   46 x 33 cotton, hand-quilted, 2018     

Going Back, Revisiting
Yankee Doodle Dandy   35 x 31   cotton, some from a ~100 year old patchwork quilt-top, hand-quilted.     2018       

Going Back to my Beginnings    32 x 31  cotton some from a ~100 year old patchwork quilt-top, hand-quilted    2017      

Idiom that Can't be Overcome,  35 x 35  cotton some from a ~100 year old patchwork quilt-top  hand-quilted   2018     

Sawtooth Variation  40 x 30   hand-made paper, cotton from ~100 year old patchwork 2001   

Framed work
X-es Mark the Spots 15 x 11, printed fabric, patchwork, framed     2016

That's it for now.












No comments:

Post a Comment