Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thread Rack

Here it is, my muse.


This thread rack caught my eye on day when I was talking on the phone. I was really enjoying both the color runs & the occasional  'misplaced' spool. 


On the vertical edges of this piece I added three rows of skinnier swatches to stand for bobbins loaded with thread.  
I quilted it by machine sideways to stand for the horizontal thread wrap.

Later I found the quilt a super home.
My friend Joan Bennet, knitter extraordinaire, has just moved &, I thought, needed a housewarming present for her knitting studio. You can see why I would think of this!
So here is Thread Spools & Bobbins in its new home. Joanie sometimes helps me with my knitting projects.




And here is Joanie on a trip we took with her & her husband in Alaska. 

                                                            That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment