Thursday, June 9, 2022

Early June, Chesterman Beach

 Windblown George ... & I ...

with Karl Thompson ...& his wife Sarah...


.....all went for a week's stay on Chesterman Beach on the out coast of Vancouver Island. It rained most of the time, but we managed to have a great time & get outside quite a bit.

I had a few bird encounters, starting with a stately Raven.


The 2nd morning I found a hermit thrush that knocked themselves out of this world, alas.  

And a small flock of sanderlings with some semipalmated sandpipers, but I only succeeded with one photo. (The trials of a new camera!)


There were California gulls galore & enough eagles to satisfy, but not for me to bother with a photograph.

I developed some pet rocks! Really. I visited them each day.



Another bunch of visual friends I made was with clusters, one of irresistible delicacy to me..



A beach can be a place of minimalism & I fell under the spell of marks in the sand...again...


I have no idea what creature or event     made these marks.
But these arcs did reveal themselves.
I found a snail,  black bean sized, that made these strange circles.

This sand reminds me of some cloth I like with sateen stripes.

Intense fog. I knew where the ocean was. The wave sounds were very clear. But I wasn't sure how to angle my walk to hit the woods where our lodgings were. I knew I wouldn't get lost, but I thought about it a lot. The tide was way out, so there was a lot of beach.
That's it for now.

















No comments:

Post a Comment