Friday, June 17, 2022

Part 2: Being at Chesterman Beach in June

There are lots of marvelous things to see out on the outer beach of Vancouver Island. Being brought up on the Atlantic Coast where the "outer beach" meant Cape Cod's easternmost shores I find the far west coast beaches just as sublime, but in different ways.

There were many profiles to capture, but this one with the eagle's nest [lump-in-tree] I particularly loved. These are not seen on Cape Cod. The east coast is not treed like this!

We experienced quite a lot of rain while we were there, so before or after any walks on the beach we could look up into our wet skylight windows to see the trees. I loved the distortions.


Like some Japanese gardener aficionado I was completely captivated on the beach by these large rocks in sand with water.
Rain & fog contributed to a collection of shots of what I called 'gradations of grey'.

Then there were 'special collections'.
My first special one was what I called The Dumped Pocketful. Clearly someone had been collecting & then thought better of it. Sea glass, shells, the lot!
Then spaghetti kelp rolled on a log.
 Other collections: textures & repeats. 

Urchins & ferns &.
frayed cedar wood ends!
 

Rain forrest

A marvelous singularity was found.
A natural knot, I thought of it.
And when we got back to Vancouver, our last night with Karl & Sarah after a great meal.
As ever, that's it for now.
Such a rich trip.



























No comments:

Post a Comment