Sunday, September 25, 2011

starting new work

I am mostly unpacked from the workshop week. My two friends who had MRIs last Tuesday both had no drastic diagnosis from it. So I am relieved, very. I set up this quilt this morning listening to Michael Enright & Stuart MacLean on CBC. And the quilting has begun. It was a perfect rainy day for it.

This is a thank you quilt I'm working on for my friend Leslie who has been a total brick for our family this past year & a half.  I was impatient about taking a picture of it and some raindrops fell on it out of my dogwood tree... I hope they don't stain. Otherwise when it's done I'll right away need to have it dry cleaned. Oh Geeze.


These are on the frame, so they are not straight. It's fun setting up new patterns with quilting puckers. The pattern is actually pretty calm which is what I want, though there are irregularities. Making the perfect geometry of quarter circles just didn't happen. Cloth is like that for me. That's its charm and interest, I hope. This one's going to be hand-stitched. 

Here are the drips.

Actually the spread of the watermarks are fascinating to me. In Susan's class I look pictures of another occurrence of that....

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment