Monday, September 19, 2011

Susan Shie workshop




We made a long list of possible themes. Of those 3 were chosen to vote on: sea, light, poetry.
Sea was chosen, and immediately I mentally went to Sea, See, & C...

We drew first in black on a patch of cloth, then ironed the cloth, then painted the image, then ironed, and last wrote out our idea on the cloth, and ironed again. I forget to photograph the first drawing stage..... oh well, here's 2nd stage....


So I have the cursive letter C making the waves, the seeing eyes, & the ocean.

What was surprising to me was how all of this paled after ironing & drying. Then words were added. 
The eyes meant seeing & the camera [c is for camera].


  C was for cute, co-incidence, & continuity. C is for a constant in math

Seeing is a great constant in my life

The sea is a constant for life on earth.

















One of the The The  I The happiest part of today was the success of color. I loved what happened with the mixes I chose: yellow, saffron, teal blue & green & royal blue.  Now I realize I've been in this color zone before.

Tomorrow we work with the theme vegetables. Hmmmmmm...

                                                        That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment