Sunday, February 21, 2016

Neighborhood in Changes, ongoing

Since the Telling Stories show closed in December much has changed in my neighborhood. The Vancouver House project progresses busily & rapidly.

Most of the excavation of the pit is done, & now the pit is filling with the actual construction.

But first, some stories revealed & captured... looking down...

....a temporary home lasting 6 weeks or so....
...a lone singer with a mike under the bridge with no audience...
..someone had gotten into the vacant gas station & rearranged the hoses...why?
The fence had been forced open. I still want to know what that sign that is face down says!

I can see a new crane from my house. I have a clearer idea about what part of my view will be blocked by Vancouver House.
The site is whizzing. Every day I want to get out there & see new developments. I'm afraid I'm going to miss some drama!
Moving the rebar, several loads a day. I loved seeing that one of the rebar drivers looked like a perfect Rip van Winkle.
The Rip van Winkle driver... I saw him, you don't, so sorry. Too fast a glimpse.

There are also shipments of platforms/flatforms for concrete walling. (Plat in french = flat in english!)










New sewage or water tanks appear on Granville Street, for keeping the site "green".

Last some rough edges. Looking down from the bridge...a discarded sign from the project.
 

...trash around a bridge pillar & from the street level...one of my favorite graffitis = splat!

And this St George's School bus.... I'd love to know the story behind its presence here or the grey bus below. Someone suggested to me surveillance. Who knows! 


That's it for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment