Monday, August 15, 2011

From New Mexico to YVR

George & I have this joke, on-going, about turning another corner, starting a new chapter. We have had, as many couples do, many of those epic [well, to us] landmarks.

Well, this trip to New Mexico had been in the works for a long time wanting.  We had been there last together in 2004, February when we were becoming a brand new couple. We went to ABQ, Santa Fe, Taos & San Cristobal, just as we did this time.

We retraced outr steps, but this time I had a big sense of actually seeing way more. That was wonderful.  New Mexico advertises itself as The Land of Enchantment. I felt it. I was really struck with the esthics of the place. So here goes. My favorite place images from the New Mexico in 8 days. OH MY!!

You have to understand that this morning we ate out granola & milk in the patio of Los Poblanos @ 5:45 with almost-full moonlight caught in the big trees nearby. Trees fed by the Rio Grande waters very nearby, so big. There was so much romance to the images. All.  Oh, light & shadow, everywhere! 

A place that specialized  in old gas pumps!!! This was really amazing.
 

  

And clouds to die for & textures of all kinds......
 

Here's another visual batch that I adore....
 
M*O*R*E***c*l*o*u*d*s
 

 land formations & sage in bloom
  

What a wonderful trip! I'm glad to be home, but glad to have been there. I'll have to go back, because really how can you ever get enough of this, or this, or this, or that!!!!


............and you have to see the pictures of us..........
THERE


We both had a great time. And how good is that? GOOD!! 

 That's it for now.


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing this stuff, with your running commentary.
    Thanks for our different-world conversation yesterday. I hope you are safely home.
    xoxoxo
    JRT

    ReplyDelete