Monday, August 22, 2011

Rain & change of pace


Not that we haven't had a lot of rain this summer, but that was in July.

I'm fully unpacked from my trip to New Mexico, and am facing the MUST DO lists that have been hidden away & out of mind for a while.

 

Guan Yin [but really Tara] [but I really don't care about the distinction that much, except I really like Guan Yin better as a name] arrived last week from Beijing. She came to me via eBay which was my maiden voyage in that deparment. 

Am I a grown up now? 
I know how to 'do' eBay and I have her around to remind me to be compassionate with self & others.



I think she has a lovely calm face. That helps. It amused me when I was looking at all the Guan Yin's available how very formulaic they are: after a while you get to know the attributes. It's rather like the thousands of paintings of The Annunciation. Mary is always on the right, there is usually a dove, Gabriel carries a lily ... and so on.

I wish I could put her in my garden, but I'm afraid someone would take her.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment