Friday, August 12, 2011

Santa Fe

Santa Fe is really a blast of art, jewelry, clothes, and architecture.

                           This piece is from India. DELISH!! But why is it here??
  
At times I feel like a child wanting to eat everything in the candyshop. I brake for all manner of things. Poor George. He never knows what'll take my fancy next!!

We've had light lunches of tapas usually accompanied by fabulous margueritas, and dinners late in the European way.  Weather has been alternately searing hot, cloudy, and yesterday monsoon-rain-in-afternoon as I remembered of old.

We went up Canyon Drive where many galleries are. And also went to the O'Keeffe Museum where they had a terrific show on painting helped by photography. We don't think O'K took photographs for her work, but she was sure influenced by Stieglitz.
                                                                   D with Mark Twain.
 
Art everywhere
 
 & doors
 


Very stimulating, sometimes too stimulating!  I think I easily could have settled here. I love the aesthetics, architecture, mix of cultures [though some are very not here [blacks & asians most notably & including a few francophones]].

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment