Thursday, November 10, 2011

a bit of a haul

For the past 5 days I have been struggling with (at first) stabbing pain in my should blade and then numbness on the underside of my forearm & weakness in my left hand. With my brother-in-law's help help I think I have a diagnosis: brachial neuritus. He's a muscle neurologist & he 'examined' me over the phone. I've been referred to a neurologist here, but that won't happen any time soon. It should go away on its own. The pain level has already diminished, th.g.

Meanwhile I've been doing a long of napping, writing, & listening to the radio.

                                               ***

During this patch of pain I got some really wonderful NEWS:

THE NEW ENGLAND QUILT MUSEUM HAS ACCEPTED MY MUCH DEPENDS ON THIS QUILT SERIES for their permanent collection.

So I'll show you a few of the other quilts in that series. I hope I'm not duplicating what I posted before.


This is Much Depends on Pins & Needles. It had real pin & needle cards sewn onto the quilt, & those crazy strawberry needle sharpeners at each end of the top dowel. They don't show up here.

 Much Depends on Dyeing & Printing.  This one has a mix of commercial & my own textiles with each swatch annotated below. At either end of the top dowel are measuring spoons. Measuring is a big component of dyeing!!

Much Depends on Thread. The quilting threads are left loose on this one. Spool papers & promotional cards make up the imagery. For the dowel ends there are wooden thread spools.

I will be mailing the rest of the series to them next week. They have already 4 of the 10 quilts.

                                                        That's it for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment