Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cloth Love

Now that I can think of something aside from hurting I can start to move on.

I realized this morning that I haven't done any sewing for 3.5 weeks. Or touched cloth either, except to help Leslie put her Arcs of Love & thank-you quilt up over her bed. I stumbled upon my photos from the Nancy Crow workshop from April 2010.

















Nancy often wears an apron & kerchief. Her first exercise for us was to sort all our cloth from light to dark.

 
hmmmmm......

This doesn't look right....
because it doesn't go from dark to light.
Still, yummy colors!


These look a bit paler, softer.
Still not too bad.









Another zone of my effort.
 
The task is a little different when the cloth is not a solid color.

My mind gets itchy when I revisit these ambient shots. 


So a couple of projects from the workshop.  The first was developing a composition with lines & shapes, one that we would build on later.

Two color exercise

This was another early assignment-- with two colors & a few rules to lean on.... 


Here we had to do LOTS of prep to get this far. I love working with wavy cutting lines.
I managed to wreck this one as I was trying to make it better. That happens sometimes. I still have the pieces, you just never know! 

That's it for now.




1 comment:

  1. Those piles of fabric are so yummy!

    I've never seen that blue and brown (or is it black, I can't tell)piece, and it's got big vibes to it. I like it.
    xoxo
    JRT

    ReplyDelete