Sunday, March 31, 2013

Everything Else

What I want to share is the varied collection of photos -- stuff outside the mainstream of my photographic thoughts while I was on the road for 2 weeks.

So here goes.

There were nearly 3 miles of sidelined train cars, south of Olympia. Some have graffiti, some not. They've been there for years.

Taken walking across the 5th Avenue Bridge in Olympia early morning.
We drove south to Portland dropping in on Tori Bryer who was at Putney School with me. She's an accomplished artist, with wonderful artifacts everywhere.

&  some of Tori's art work. 

At Ian Trivett's I fell in love with his cobwebs.

Along the way south I saw this marvelous whale vertebra.

Bridges kept happening.
 

A most unusual clock.

This is an American Bittern. It's a rare bird to see because they are very reclusive. Not this time. We were able to be pretty up close. You can see why this bird is so easily camouflaged in reeds. This was only the 2nd time I've ever seen it. And what a great post!

These  next 3 are from an artist's home in Sonoma County. These face-forms-from-metal-scraps were all over the property.


This is my sister, Annie, in her garden. She is processing compost. We both talk at once! Hmmmm

 There were many boxes in Annie's garden with collections in each....
...like the glove bin. Annie told me she has trouble throwing things away. My eyes got bright because I love helping people throw things away!

Horse-like hoists in Oakland harbor.

My cousin's daughter, Naomi, showed us around to see her favorite houses in Alameda.


                          
That's enough & the best of the trip & so that's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. The photo of you and Annie together is priceless! I want a real copy, please.
    xoxox
    Joslyn

    ReplyDelete