Friday, March 30, 2012

Last April




Since I have not been doing this for a year yet, I thought I'd share with you a piece of my April 2011.

I went to a farm auction with my friend Louise. Her son, Peter, was auctioning off all manner of farm equipment. It was an ideal setting for what I love to photograph.

There were scenes of decay, many great collections, one of them being the farmers' pants!!

First the setting...


This is a gorgeous turn of the century family farm house.
Architectural details inside to die for.
This is Peter, tired but focused. He ran a great auction! 

Here are two other farmers.


There were at least 300 farmers there, I'd say. Lots of talk and stories and goals. I spoke with one woman who was hoping to get some containers for her orchard's needs.

Here's some of the stuff for sale.







 
I don't know what all of this is, but visually right up there!

Here's a taste of some of the farm patinas I found.





        Swallows' droppings, nest nearby.


Green moss patina.
It was a very muddy spring last year.

On to the textile portion of this outing....
I was captivated by the play of style, stance, folds, & light.









It was a fabulous field trip!
That's it for today.

3 comments:

  1. There were some slip-ups this time between my intentions & what blogspot did with them.
    Sometimes I can fix these things and sometimes I can't. I haven't figured that part out yet!
    However, I did learn that if you want to see a photo bigger all you have to do is click on it!
    You can also "subscribe by email" at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did learn more about improving things, this time around. Still, when I am setting up the blog What I See Is NOT What I Get.

    What's wrong with these blogspotguys?

    It's dead simple to make it work out better. It's only computer technology.
    Zip
    Nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still, I love the content. I think blogs were made for collections like yours.

    ReplyDelete