Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another Day in NYC

I certainly hadn't heard about this project when it was happening in Vancouver! Out on Spanish Banks a man [many people?] had raked this pattern into the low tide sand.

It's rather like the amazing snowshoe track patterns that were like crop circles.
The tide does come in!
But how sublime, even from sea level. Beachwalkers were as surprised as I in NYC discovering this much much later.


This piece as also in the dust and dirt show at the Museum of Art & Design. 
Crows carved from charcoaled wood!

And here, fantastically enough, are the ashes of various "great books" placed in various wine glasses. WHAT a concept! And the effect was eerie.

I had thoughts, the day I went to MoMA with Susie Hambleton, that NYC is quite chaotic, but everyone knows how to handle it.  Street-crossing sometimes requires an act of courage!
I know this is not like street crossing in Delhi, but....

Elsworth Kelly wall at MoMA. I loved this wall. Shadows, shapes, color & all and somewhat reminding me of a staff of written music. Color chords! We saw a fabulous show there of ecstatic alphabets. I'd have loved to take photos, but it was closed to cameras.


You may well ask!! The MoMA store has amazing t.h.i.n.g.s in it. I'm wearing this shirt now. I fell in love with the packaging. All but the last photo was taken on Meridee's piano, which accounts for the color shift.



The next night I went to Sarah Lawrence. Here's the first reunion photo.
Marcia Moeller Tendick on my left, Joan Cannady Countryman, my co-classmate for several math courses with Ed Cogan, & Meridee Noyes Brust.

There's lots more to share, but that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely reunion photo. It looks a youthful moment for the four of you.
    I want to see a photo of you in that yummy shirt. Will you get me one too? extra small please!!

    ReplyDelete