Monday, June 11, 2012

Last post about trip east

I'm back in Vancouver now for a week, and picking up the threads of my life here. I had a really stimulating time there in a variety of ways.

There was art, old friends, old locations of importance, relatives, for starters.



My friend, Sal [as in Vermont Sal, friend from when she was in baby diapers & I was in 1 year old diapers, hence my only diaper buddy] also has rugs from the middle east.




So how could I not photograph them?
Not even possible to let them just lie there, unappreciated.

Not that they would have felt slighted.

I just love the colors, shapes & irregularities.

In the world of Islam only Allah is perfect, so rug makers put intentional errors into their rug-making.






I think that is unnecessary. We all make mistakes because we are imperfect & not Allah!

This one below I think is my favorite. It really sings in 4 part harmony!

Then there is Sal, who looks beautiful with Max, the grandson 2 year old. They are so sweet. 


Two more rugs....



We all did an outing together to Hanover New Hampshire.
On the way home we saw a snapping turtle, my first.
Sal's husband, Dick, said this was a smallish one & maybe wounded, since it didn't scurry away when we approached it.
I was most taken with how prehistoric it looked, dinosauric!




And finally, at Sal & Dick's house there is a wall built by a Welchman. This is NOT a typical Vermont rock wall. But it also isn't totally typical of Welch wall either!

                                                            That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment