Saturday, October 1, 2011

6 weeks till Maui departure


I'm a bit worried about how I'll get everything done that I need to before I go. I have a big To Do list.

Lesley & Jay & Max & Reed just returned yesterday from staying in our apartment, & Tim & Lynn are off today for a 3 week stay there.

I am very conscious of how different Maui will feel to me & George. My uncle Gene doesn't think he will be able to do beach walks any more. His balance is really weak.  And Ellie, his wife, is struggling with atrial fibrillation. She is having new difficulties that curtail her activities also.

 

And my Maui friend, Shawn, the sewing wonder, is in Texas & has lost some vision in her right eye. It might right itself & it's not MS or a brain tumor.  Shawn in the wonderful sewing studio/school she set up, now gone.


Then there will be building construction going on to the northwest of us. I'm planning to find that interesting rather than annoying. We will have front row seats so I better try to enjoy the show. [I must be referring to the Vancouver House Project in Vancouver.]

And then there is THIS that beckons

I LOVE the palm trees: the botanical patterns they grow in & the leaf patterns they make. The one above was taken in a pretty high wind. Then there are the interference patterns of the fronds. Sometimes moire'.


That's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. ACTUALLY IT'S 10 WEEKS.

    SOME MATHEMATICIANS MAKE ARITHMETIC MISTAKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete