Monday, October 24, 2011

Mosaics



In the past two years I made a number of house numbers in mosaics. This one was for Jennifer Trivett. I love the hen-feather look of the outer framing. There's lots of gold in this one that you can't see in this photo.




This was my first one:
for our house.


I went ape for all the blue/white china available.


Chipped plates were
broken... with a hammer
inside a heavy canvas
bag!









                                     I was on a "blue/white" roll! The Mayflower year!

These two were edged with unfortunate Zimbabwe broken plates... a very sad story.




This one is Boulder. From this one I learned a huge lesson in contrast. 

At night the numbers don't stand out in the sea of grey. Oh sigh!!








I have decided I'm putting my equipment away for now. This way I'll make more space in my studio. I'll come back to it another time, but this spigot got closed off by choice for now.


                                                           That's it for today.

1 comment: