Monday, October 3, 2011

Progressing on thank you quilt

Well, here's the first of a string of rainy days here. 
I am gradually quilting up a thank-you quilt for Leslie Alexander. I don't think she's been following the blog  process, so you are in on the secret that she  doesn't know. 
That's fun.  As I  quilt along, I can see some quilt lines that will need correcting, but I am getting a sense of the overall effect.

I LOVE seeing the effects grow. Here's the comparison, different lighting.....

OH MY GOODNESS! there's another effect. The above picture was taken upside down & so the quilting, when turned 180 deg., looks unnatural = sucked in instead of puffed out.

To really see that, focus attention on the lowest light green quarter circle & compare the two pictures. That is such a big photographic lesson.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment